8 Reasons to Eat Tempeh
Growing up in Jakarta, my grandparent always had tempeh at dinner table twice a week. I remembered they bought fresh raw tempeh wrapped in banana leaves from traditional market. I always love the warm and nutty smell of fresh raw tempeh.
Here are the 8 reasons to eat tempeh according to me:
1. It might as well be the Indonesian national food.
2. Doesn’t produce unpleasant gas like other beans
3. Low in sodium. It’s great for people like me who are in low sodium diet
4. Easy to digest because it’s fregmented and its enzymes are partially broken down
5. High in protein. It can be use to substitute meats for vegetarians and vegans
6. Easy to cook. It can be deep fried, stir fried, grilled, stewed.
7. It tastes good.
8. Raw tempeh can be homemade with non-GMO soybeans.
I’m a picky eater. I will only eat tempeh if it is cooked in certain ways. So… if you have tried tempeh and didn’t like it, cook it with different recipe and give another try.
Stay tuned for Indonesian tempeh recipes.